Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Makes Me Think!

Today, at the final home game of the season, the entire boys basketball team at our high school entered the gymnasium in pairs of two holding hands. They did so in protest of the fact that two gay students had been sent to detention for a week for simply holding hands in the school’s hallways. MMT

Today, a week after I donated three bags of clothes to a local homeless shelter, I saw a homeless woman sitting on a park bench wearing a tye-dye shirt I made when I was a teenager. I walked by her and said, “I love your shirt!” She smiled and said, “Thank you! I really do too!” MMT


MMT stands for makes me think. These are all from a website I discovered this morning called http://makesmethink.com/ People have posted a variety of little anecdotes in the same format as these above, and they truly are things to think about. I definitely teared up pretty bad on a few. So, you should check out the website and read a page or two just to give you some different life perspectives and gratitude! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment